Pages

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Pacquiao / Marquez III Prediction

Fight Night! Another boxing fight tonight that doesn't include both Mayweather and Pacquiao. Which means I'll hold onto my 50 bucks and avoid the PPV costs for this fight. These guys need to fight already. Boxing has lost its appeal and the UFC now has a stranglehold on Boxing according to viewership especially now that they have worked out a deal with Fox to broadcast their fights. I still enjoy the hand to hand combat that Boxing offers - but if these two don't fight soon, I don't know how much longer I'll be able to last - thats what I told her... Manny "Pac-Man" Pacquiao will fight Juan Manuel Marquez tonight in what will be the third time they do battle. These two bunny rabbits fought their first bout in 2004 which ended in a draw (even though Marquez went down three times in the first round) and the fight in 2008 was awarded to Manny Pacquiao via split decision. Click after the jump to see what prediction I make...



Marquez, now 38, is old for a fighter. Pacquiao comes in at 32 years of age and is regarded by many as the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world. It's no surprise that Pac-Man is the heavy favorite (-800). I just watched the pre-fight youtube clip and might have to renege on my previous statement about not spending the $50. I'm in. Just brutal punches and counter punches and flurries of rights and lefts and knockdowns and swollen faces and the background music. Really - just watching Ricky Hatton get knocked out at the 56 second mark pulled me in. I'm easily entertained.




Honestly I could care less who wins, in what round, or in what fashion - I just hope to see these guys give the fans what they want. For a rooting interest - I'll take the over 10.5 rounds at +130. Now sit back grab a bag of popcorn and watch these two slug it out. Or don't, either way its cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment