Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

NFL Survivor - Week 4

You know what? The Titans pick last week didn't feel very good. I have to admit - I was trying to be too cute and with the Broncos up by 4 in the fourth I thought it was all over. Hate when that happens, but a win is a win so I'll take it and move on to week 4. But believe you me, there will be no beating around the bush in this one. I'll be looking at a game that I have full confidence in. Click for the pick after the jump.


Unfortunately last week there were no 'big' upsets as the largest offender was the Patriots who eliminated 5.0% of survivor players. However, the Chargers (48%) and Steelers (15.5%) didn't exactly coast to victory like most would have expected, so I guess I wasn't the only sweating bullets. Before we get to this week's picks let's look at our guidelines:


-Must be a home game... Why try to survive with a team on the road?
-Team should have significant edge at the Quarterback position
-Stay away from Divisional games - These teams see each other every year, twice a year. They know each other. Unless there's a significant advantage for one team (i.e. Saints / Panthers) I'm going to try to stay away from these matchups.
-Don't try to be cute, especially early on. I've gotten in trouble in years past trying to take teams that aren't usually favorites so that I can save the better teams for later on in the season. Not going to happen this year.

For week 4 we are going with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at home against the Indianapolis Colts on Monday Night Football. I really like this matchup for the Bucs, because Josh Freeman does what it takes to win and he's obviously a huge advantage over any QB that the Colts throw out there. For the Colts, I see things going from bad to worse especially if they are going to be relying on Curtis Painter in the coming weeks. I know that they gave the Steelers a run for their money last week, but the Colts were home and the Steelers have looked off so far this season. I expect a very disciplined Bucs team to make easy work of the Colts this week and will be taking them for our week 4 survivor. 

Previous Teams Selected:
Chargers - Week 1 
Steelers - Week 2
Titans - Week 3

2 comments:

  1. you really didnt wanna take GB this week???

    ReplyDelete
  2. nope gonna save them for later (Rams in week 6)... more importantly what's John Locke doing on Hawaii 5-0????

    ReplyDelete