Pages

Friday, October 7, 2011

Fab Five - Week 6 (NCAAF Predictions)

Another losing week in College - still slightly above .500 on the season. This week's games look very easy to me - so that probably means 0-5. Click for the picks after the jump...



No. 3 Oklahoma (-10.5) vs. No. 11 Texas, Noon - ABC
This game is called the "Red River Rivalry. Apparently there's a River - known as the Red River that separates parts of Oklahoma from Texas. These two universities compete on the football field to determine supremacy of that river each year. Who says sports aren't educational? In this game, which will be played at Cowboys stadium, I'll side with the Longhorns


No. 17 Florida vs. No. 1 LSU (-14), 3:30pm - CBS
LSU is awesome. Florida's quarterback is hurt. LSU's defense will have a field day with the Freshman QB that Florida throws out there. I look for the Tigers to win by three scores in this one.


Miami vs. No. 21 Virginia Tech (-7.5), 3:30pm - ABC
I'm not even sure this game will be on TV, but I just wanted an excuse to check-in on my developing man-crush for Al Golden. Since beating the Buckeyes the Hurricanes have split with Kansas State (Loss) and Bethune-Cookman (Win). I don't expect them to be the Hokies on the road - but there defense is strong enough to keep them around. I'll take Hurricanes plus the points.


No. 15 Auburn vs. No. 10 Arkansas (-10), 7pm - ESPN
Gotta go with the Razorbacks in this one. After that comeback performance against Texas A&M last week - I'm a fan. Well as long as they keep winning and making me some money. The Hogs (Razorbacks) tout the Nations 7th best passing attack as they average 350 yds/gm thru the air. Auburn ranks last in defense in the SEC and 106th in the nation overall. I'll side with the Razorbacks and their prolific offense in this one. 


Ohio St vs. No. 14 Nebraska (-11), 8pm - ABC
The Buckeyes offense is putrid. I expect the Huskers to bounce back at home from last week's loss to Wisconsin - but I think both teams will have a tough time scoring the football. I look for this to be a low-scoring slugfest and one in which I'll probably pay no attention to. Take the Buckeyes plus the points in this one. 


Last Week: 2-3
Season Record: 10-9-1 

No comments:

Post a Comment