Pages

Saturday, October 22, 2011

NFL Week 7 Predictions

FOOOOOTBALLLLLLL - this week is going to be a bit lackluster because a lot of the teams that I enjoy writing about and following are on a bye this week. The Bills, 49ers, Patriots, Eagles, and Giants are all off this week - which means that I can consume as much alcohol that I want without having to worry about waking up before 1pm - wait, what? Click for the predictions after the jump...



Sunday, October 23rd (1:00 ET Kickoffs)
Chicago Bears (-2) vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 
This is technically a home game for the Bucs - but both teams will be traveling to London to play at Wembley Stadium. I've never been to London, its a place that I've long wanted to visit. I hear the pubs are great, the people there have awesome accents that make me want to pet their faces - they refer to pants as Britches, and the atmosphere at a Soccer match in unbelievable. I'll take the Bucs plus the points in this one. 


Washington Redskins vs. Carolina Panthers (-2.5)
Quarterback controversy in Washington! John Beck and Rex Grossman - That alone tells me all I need to know. The Redskins have been very unimpressive the past two weeks - and their offense is to blame. I don't trust either quarterback for the Redskins and feel confident that Cam Newton will be able to lead the Panthers to a win at home. He's the first QB in NFL history to pass for at least 6 TDs and Run for 6 TDs in his first 6 games. I'll roll with the Panthers minus the points in this one for Sammy. 


San Diego Chargers vs. New York Jets - Straight Up
Usually there is some hesitation about taking a west coast team traveling across country to play in the eastern time zone. I don't think that will be a factor - mostly because the Chargers are coming off of a bye and the Jets are coming off a short week after playing that snooze fest against the Dolphins on MNF. The Chargers will be back to full health (Gates and Jackson) and should be able to score on the Jets D. The Jets offense has been a joke all year - Plaxico Burress was released from Jail earlier this year, but he's struggled able to get free from any secondaries this year. I'll take the Chargers in this one.


Seattle Seahawks vs. Cleveland Browns (-3)
Here's our weekly "game that I will avoid watching at all costs". I'll take the Seahawks plus the points. 


Houston Texans vs. Tennessee Titans (-3)
This will be a game that defines control in the AFC South for the season. These are the only two teams worth paying any attention to in that division. Injuries have killed the season for the once bright star that was the Houston Texans. No Andre Johnson again this week as he still recovers from a hamstring injury. Now there is talks about Matt Schaub fighting off chest injuries. Things are not looking good for them. Until I see them show they can turn it around I'll stay away from them. I'll take the Titans and wait till the Texans get back on track.


Denver Broncos vs. Miami Dolphins - Straight Up
The welcome home for Timothy Tebow to Florida. These teams both blow. I'll definitely watch though because I'm invested in this "Suck for Luck" campaign. I wrote about it earlier this week, but I just don't understand how the Broncos were able to dump Brandon Lloyd and pretend like they're not trying to lose every game. The Dolphins have been a tough team to back, but I'll ride with them this week at home. Take the Dolphins to win this game. 


Atlanta Falcons vs. Detroit Lions (-3.5)
The only half of the Schwartz - Harbaugh battle this is playing this week is Schwartz and the Lions. While I'm not interested at all in the post-game handshake I am curious to see if the Lions actually show up in tip top form. The Lions have struggled to run the ball all year (25th in the league). With RB Jahvid Best dealing with concussions I would imagine the running game would be in worse shape than where they started. The Falcons need this game to stay in contention with the rest of the NFC South. I'll roll with them to keep things close - take the Falcons plus the points.


Sunday, October 23rd (4:00 ET Kickoffs)
Kansas City vs. Oakland Raiders (-3.5)
Carson Palmer for two first round picks and he doesn't even start in week 1 of duty!?!?! hahahah the Raiders almost had me fooled. I was just starting to come around on them again as a legitimate contender in the AFC, then they pulled this. Am I saying they have no shot at winning a playoff game? Yes. They're idiots. Mortgaged the future for a 4-2 record and the thought that they might actually win the Super Bowl. Silly Raiders. I'll take the Chiefs plus the points - purely out of spite.


Pittsburgh Steelers (-4) vs. Arizona Cardinals
This is one of those odd games that you look at and you think - wait, decent AFC team playing on the road against a NFC West cellar dweller? Easy bet. Reminds me of the Ravens against the Rams in week 3. I just think the Steelers are the better team and wouldn't trust the Cardinals in this one. I'll roll with the Steelers on the road. 


St. Louis Rams vs. Dallas Cowboys (-13)
Brandon Lloyd is now a St. Louis Ram. In other news, the Rams blow. The Cowboys are too talented - Dez Bryant just anointed them as "an unbeatable team". I agree - this week. There is no way the Cowboys drop this game at home against a JV team. The Cowboys will roll behind Tony Romo. Take the Cowboys and lay the points.


Green Bay Packers (-9.5) vs. Minnesota Vikings
Donovan McNabb worked himself out of a job - at least we have something in common. With Christian Ponder taking the snaps in Minnesota it will likely be the start of a new era. If he can understand the concept of, 1) Receive ball from center. 2) Hand ball off to AP. 3) Watch AP run. Three step process to success. He's got this - take the Vikings plus the points at home.  


Sunday, October 23rd (8:30 ET Kickoff)
Indianapolis Colts vs. New Orleans Saints (-13.5)
The last time these teams met they were playing for the Super Bowl. That's not at stake this time. The Saints will avenge their loss last week to the Bucs with an easy win over the Colts on Sunday night. I'll take Brees and the Saints at home in this one. 


Monday, October 24th (8:40 ET Kickoff)
Baltimore Ravens (-8) vs. Jacksonville Jaguars
This is a game that I don't have much interest in for a Monday Night Football game. The Ravens have been playing pretty well. The Jaguars actually gave the Steelers a good run for their money. For me the Jaguars are too one-dimensional for this Ravens Defense. Would you rather be on the side of Ray Lewis or Blaine Gabbert? I'll take Ray Ray. Let's go with the Ravens to close out this week. 


Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. Can't wait for the games tomorrow - basically cuddling next my brother and watching the NFL ticket. Followed by a miserable ride home from Boston to Philadelphia with my biggest hater. 


Last Week: 4-7-1
Season Record: 44-41-4

No comments:

Post a Comment