Pages

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Fab Five - Week 7 (NCAAF Predictions)

Solid week last week in the collegiate football spectrum as we went 4-1. Our only loss came because Texas got absolutely reamed out by Oklahoma - can't win em all. I'm getting kind of hype for the start of college basketball, which will definitely have to serve as my basketball fix with this impending NBA lockout. We'll see if we can continue to stay lukewarm with the college picks this weekend after the jump...



No. 11 Michigan vs. No. 23 Michigan State (-3), Noon - ESPN
The Spartans have won  the last three matchups in this in-state rivalry. I expect them to continue that tradition to make it a fourth straight W for the Paul Bunyan Trophy. The Wolverines have been impressive against mediocre teams at home - but going on the road in their first real road test will have a different outcome. The Spartans are led by Senior QB Kirk Cousins and have had a bye week to prepare. I expect the Spartans to take care of the football and even though Denard Robinson has shown his magic - I don't think he will be able to put this team on his back again. Take the Spartans and lay the points.


No. 20 Baylor vs. No. 21 Texas A&M (-8), Noon - ESPN 2
Both of these teams can put up points in a hurry. The only game that I've seen from Baylor this year was the thriller against TCU on opening weekend. I've been hearing a lot of great things about the Bears QB Robert Griffin III and from the stats he's definitely got to be in the running for Heisman. 19 TDs, 1 Int, and a shit ton of passing yards. In these games I like to root for the the underdog to keep it close in what should be a high scoring affair. I'll take Baylor plus the points in this one. 


No. 6 Oklahoma State (-7) vs. No. 22 Texas, 3:30 ET - ABC
I just don't know how the Longhorns will be able to contend with the Cowboys in this one. Oklahoma St. is a legit Big 12 contender and I still expect it to be them and the Sooners at the end of the season vying for the conference championship. Just sit back and continue to enjoy the Weeden & Blackmon show. Take the Cowboys in Texas - not against the Pats though. 


Florida (-2) vs. No. 24 Auburn, 7 ET - ESPN
The Gators have gotten destroyed by Alabama and LSU the past two weeks and now get the pleasure of traveling to Auburn to play against the National Defending champs. With the injury of their QB - John Brantley - things have gone from bad to worse for the Gators. I know very little about this Auburn team but if they still have any type of talent they should be able to handle the Gators at home on national television. I'll roll with the Tigers in this one. 


No. 18 Arizona State vs. No. 9 Oregon (-14), 10:15ET - ESPN
This game should be an absolute gem. I'll probably be passed out either from sheer tiredness or inebriation by the time this game is over. RB LaMichael James is questionable for this game - and while he's a huge weapon to have, I'm told that the Ducks have too much firepower on offense for any Pac-12 team to handle. LSU was able to stymie the Ducks attack earlier in the season - I just don't see how the Sun Devils will be able to do the same. Even though the Aflac Duck has not had as much success as Oregon lately - I look for the Ducks of Oregon to quack to victory in this one by more than two touchdowns.


Enjoy the slate of college football games tomorrow. I'll be on a flight all day - so that should be fun. Great time to catch up on my reading - any good book suggestions?


Last Week: 4-1 
Season Record: 14-10-1

No comments:

Post a Comment